When reflection is a requirement for professional resilience
Regular supervision is an investment in professional capacity and competence building. Continuing professional growth and development is encouraged through the setting and review of career goals..
U S E S
Useful when specific professional roles require structured and formalized supervision for licensing and accreditation requirements; when an individual has identified the benefits of ongoing and regular professional development and support.
F E A T U R E S
- Can involve 'one on one' or small group, practitioner sessions.
- Ongoing rapport developed, encouraging a relationship based on trust and allowing the setting and monitoring of long term goals
- Can be organized either on site or off site
- Regular time and date scheduled ensuring busy schedules do not displace the sessions
- Is confidential
- Includes the ongoing review of goals and sessions to ensure expectations and outcomes are being met
B E N E F I T S
- Assists individuals with continued growth and development in their professional roles
- Creates regular opportunity for professional reflection, problem-solving and solution-seeking
- Enhances career satisfaction
- Promotes confidence, assists with accountability and encourages competency
- Encourages individuals to achieve their personal and professional objectives
- Enhances employees sense of value to the organization
- Creates a safe space for self-awareness
T E S T I M O N I A L
"Professional supervision forces me to have a break from the reactive craziness of my job. I jot down issues, questions and concerns that have troubled me during my week and save them up for supervision. I feel reassured that eventually I will get to unpack any issues that have negatively impacted me because once a month supervision is a fixed date in my calendar."