When dialogue needs a structured and supported space.
Facilitation is a flexible, open-ended process that provided structure and form to group discussions.
U S E S
Useful when teams need support to manage their internal dialogue so group communication remains positive, purposeful and productive.
F E A T U R E S
The facilitator will work with team leaders in identifying the objectives of for the group coming together
The facilitator will ensure the thoughts and actions of the group are captured and recorded. Action plans that detail next steps are agreed upon ensuring accountability
B EN E F I T S
Facilitation can be used in the workplace to assist with:
- Enhancing team functioning and effectiveness
- Developing team working agreements based on shared values and behaviors such as trust, accountability and commitment
- Redesigning teams and redefining roles and relationships
- Restoring team harmony
- Improving team meetings
- Helping team members to communicate safely and effectively, and to feel heard
- Developing the skills and confidence within the group to self manage team management and communication processes
T E S T I M O N I A L
“It was clear that communication between the two patient care units was suffering as a byproduct of the recent departmental restructure. The Facilitated Discussion revealed that there had been a clash of values about patient care. Getting the two teams together was really important in building a common understanding of the priority in the clinical setting and why. The Facilitated Discussion gave everyone a chance to have their say, be heard and understood and then agree on a set of defining values.”