When managers and employees need the ‘know how’ to have that critical conversation
Conflict Coaching assists individuals in becoming better equipped to manage differences so that disagreements do not derail significant personal and professional relationships. Conflict Coaching enables employees and managers to use conflict management strategies in the early resolution of disputes so relationships are restored before needing repair.
U S E S
Useful when an individual needs to plan and prepare for a challenging conversation with a colleague or when guidance is needed to improve work relationships strained by conflict or when managers need to develop conflict management strategies and skills.
F E A T U R E S
- Encourages insight and awareness about behavior as it influences and impacts others
- Is focused on supporting the development of skills and confidence to improve communication and build positive and productive relationships
- Provides individualized support to prepare for mediation or post mediation to assist in developing and trying new strategies for improving work relationships
- Useful when an individual is unable or unwilling to meet with the other(s) but recognizes the benefit of self-reflection and behavioral change to improve relationships
- Can be administered via one-on-one sessions or via phone or Skype
- Is goal-directed and time-limited
Conflict analysis tools and contemporary frameworks for understanding conflict are used to enhance an individual's ability to effectively prevent, manage, and resolve conflict.
B E N E F I T S
- 'Conflict competency' is a critical skill needed by managers and supervisors. Recent studies show that in the USA mismanaged conflict costs 385 million working days a year. Reports indicate supervisors and managers devote six hours of their working week dealing with toxic relationships among staff.
- Assists managers and employees in developing skills in conflict management so issues can be resolved locally and expediently to stave off potential escalation and the need for third party intervention.
- Is designed to improve an individual’s capacity to manage and resolve conflict generally as well as to directly assist with specific disputes that are currently challenging them
- Often results in significant shifts in an individual's behavior and can have a broader and more long term impact because insights and skills are applicable to other settings and relationships
T E S T I M O N I A L
"My natural inclination was to be conflict adverse. I panicked about making the situation worse. Coaching helped me be more proactive about dealing with unpleasant situations. I now have some invaluable 'go-to' strategies for how to have those tricky conversations with my staff."